You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a great way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Farris Heating & Air have put together a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make certain your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a major difference on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting used to the present temperature, try changing it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Farris Heating & Air technician is over for your annual furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 918-333-0376.