Having standard air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Bartlesville summertime, have the specialists at Farris Heating & Air perform your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illicitly discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Look for correct airflow in the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We suggest looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Farris Heating & Air today at 918-333-0376.