When it’s frigid in Bartlesville you need your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system appears to be working well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can impede air flow, decrease your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The more promptly you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Farris Heating & Air.
1. Your furnace is loud. You might have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You might have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could signal a few particular problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your house.
4. Your utility bill keeps increasing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps climbing. This could indicate a few different problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and close off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC experts to remedy.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The team at Farris Heating & Air will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.