One of the most important parts of the winter is staying comfortable and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is critical throughout the year, but during the winter it is even more essential. Winters in Bartlesville are unpredictable and the frostiest days can often appear on us, sometimes when your furnace is unprepared. So, before you find a specialized technician, here are a few things you can inspect first:
- Check your filter – grimy filters are one of the most universal causes of unexpected furnace failures. Air has a harder time passing through filters once they are dusty or dirty, causing the system to shut down sometimes. The older the furnace, the more difficult it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are created to point out clogged and dirty filters before further problems arise. Swapping furnace filters every month or so can prevent these issues and keep you comfortable.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep constant tabs on your thermostat batteries to make sure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or sign on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to switch out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to overlook little things like the settings of your thermostat. Verify this important step, especially if there was a relevant spike in temperature that may have caused you to turn off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, locate the breakers that control your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On side. If it is Off or in the middle of the two spots, cycle the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that appears to look like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, position. It can definitely be mistaken for a real light switch, which is why it is frequently the issue with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Going through these steps is an easy and effective way of ensuring the productivity of your furnace before you give a call to your Bartlesville expert. If there are still difficulties after you have worked through these steps, you will have a much greater idea on how to update your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the trouble might be. If you have questions or need to schedule a repair, call Farris Heating & Air in Bartlesville.