Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in Bartlesville is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Farris Heating & Air always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another opportunity to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter regularly! Replace it according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Farris Heating & Air in Bartlesville at 918-333-0376 today.