During the colder Bartlesville months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to Farris Heating & Air will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Farris Heating & Air as soon as possible if you see any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Farris Heating & Air can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Farris Heating & Air at 918-333-0376 or arrange an appointment with us online.