As springtime begins, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Bartlesville? Even if your cooling system is recently purchased or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to book any maintenance for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Farris Heating & Air tech can help find minor troubles before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is installed outside, it’s more prone to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a specialist to take care of delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up in your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and may even help it work longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy expenses and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps find little troubles before they lead to big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine pieces and carry out a set of cooling performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to locate troubles before they create large issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee trouble-free cooling throughout the season. After your equipment is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is well-prepared to deliver worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require annual maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your system is open to early meltdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC tune-up should include an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and components:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Right Away with Farris Heating & Air
This week is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Farris Heating & Air pros a call at 918-534-8194 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your home, be sure to check our discount offers for savings on your upcoming service.