Make your life less difficult—get ahead by preparing your air conditioner now before warmer temperatures arrive. You can save on your utility bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are working your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic jump in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system working efficiently with at least one air conditioning service call from your Farris Heating & Air pro each year. This is vital to keep your unit working for a long time to come. Our technician can ensure that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any potential problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more expensive repairs.
Just some of the benefits a professional air conditioning service will provide you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of any moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are actions you can do now and all year to ensure your AC is working at peak performance.
- Clear the space around your unit. Make sure there aren’t grass or weeds growing too close to your system, which can obstruct airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outside unit was covered during the winter, don’t forget to uncover it. You can damage your system if you turn on your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could end in big repairs or complete replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Farris Heating & Air service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your yearly service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when required! Different homes have different air filter replacement needs. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may have to change them more often.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your space healthy too! If you follow these easy steps, your AC will be ready for whatever this summer can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Farris Heating & Air team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.