Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Bartlesville during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Farris Heating & Air will always be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Farris Heating & Air at 918-333-0376 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.