If you're like most people, you probably spend a lot of time on your smart phone, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. In addition to keeping you in touch with work and friends, your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. Your phone can allow you to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can change rapidly, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats allow you to control your system using a Wi-Fi connection, so you can use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, and they can also learn your patterns and routines by knowing where you are. These thermostats can actually sense when you’re away from home and make adjustments to the temperature accordingly.
There’s been a lot of talk about smart thermostats lately. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more popular and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to educate yourself about them and all the benefits they offer you, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Here are some other benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home while saving money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it can be hard to remember to schedule HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and alert you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you opportunities to lower your energy bills. Call Farris Heating & Air in Bartlesville at 918-534-8194. We have several thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.