Whether you enjoy winter or prefer the warmer months in Bartlesville, many of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a big impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Check weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your home warm. Keep them open when the sun is shining during the day, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter routinely to see if it should be changed. We suggest at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also save you money! You can fix temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have an acceptable amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Schedule routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more expensive repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If your utility bills are continually increasing—even with your efforts to enhance efficiency—it might be time to look for a replacement heating system. The team at Farris Heating & Air can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps lower the amount of money you are having to spend on heating bills, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also maintains the health of your equipment, which means a longer life for your HVAC system.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Farris Heating & Air in Bartlesville a call to start down the right path. Contact our team at 918-534-8194 or arrange an appointment with us online.